Our beloved founder and principal of the St. John of Kronstadt School (1985 – 1991) recently reposed in Washington, D.C. The St. John of Kronstadt School (Grades 1 – 6) operated out of St. Nectarios Church between 1985 – 1991. We are hoping that as many former pupils and teachers as possible will be able to attend the Panahida Service on this Friday evening, Feb. 21, at St. Theodore’s (the former St. Joseph of Arimathea) at 7:30 P.M. Please bring the names of the Departed that you would like remembered at this service, the eve of Soul Saturday. There will be a half hour Bible Study following the service. There will be no Bible Study on Friday, February 28.
Nativity Service this year will take place at at our sister parish of Ss. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene in East York. There will be no service at St. Theodore’s. Directions to the parish (including TTC and overnight TTC directions) can be found here. The Vigil for the Nativity will begin on On Monday January 6/Dec. 24 at 10pm with Matins and will be followed by midnight Liturgy for the Feast of the Nativity, concluding at roughly 1:30am.
From Father David: Dear Members and Friends of St. Theodore’s! I thought you would appreciate the following from the 50th Anniversary celebrations last week. We have been happily associated with our mother parish St. Nectarios for 35 of those 50 years! St. Joseph of Arimathea (from which St. Theodore’s evolved) was founded under St. Philaret the New Confessor of New York in 1985, comprised of 15 members of the Orthodox Campus Ministry at the University of Toronto.
Just a reminder that Fr. David’s monthly Sunday Liturgy at St. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene. THERE WILL BE NO LITURGY AT ST. THEODORE’S ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8. Thank you! Fr. David
- November – December Service schedule for St. Raphael’s parish added to the Services page
- Photos from St. Theodore’s Feast Day Vespers service have been added to the Photos section
- There will be no Bible Study/Enquirer’s Class on Friday, October 18. Bible Study will resume on Friday, October 25.
A Reminder to Members and Friends of St. Theodore’s Orthodox Parish, Toronto
Fr. David has agreed to serve one Sunday a month at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene Church, Toronto.
Sunday, October 27, will be his monthly Sunday at that parish. THERE WILL BE NO LITURGY AT ST. THEODORE’S ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27. Sunday Liturgy resumes at St. Theodore’s on Sunday, November 3rd.
N.B. Patristic Bible Study/Enquirer’s Group meets every Friday at 7 p.m. All Welcome!
Fr. David does House Blessings as far away as Bracebridge, Barrie, Bradford, Oshawa, Richmond Hill, etc. If you have not had your home blessed this year contact him at 416 767 3579.
Last week, Fr. David brought Holy Communion to: Margo Hopkins, 90; Antony Grushenko, 100; Donald Baker, 98, Nicholas Galimanis, 89.
We thank St. Nectarios Greek Orthodox Church, Toronto, for providing St. Theodore’s English-language Orthodox Mission with a venue for worship; for all our supplies, etc. Fr. David has no stipend, and he and Presbytera do all that they do for the love of Our Lord and His Church. Your offerings go for much more than candles. Your offerings enable him to maintain his visits to the sick an elderly in several nursing homes/hospitals weekly. Please help him to continue this important work! Thank you!
St. Theodore of Canterbury English-language Orthodox Mission, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Dear Parishioners and Friends of St. Theodore’s Orthodox Mission, Toronto:Christ is in our midst!Although I was prevailed upon to serve the Liturgy every other Sunday at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene; we have determined that to be fair to all, I can only serve on one Sunday in the month… otherwise, that parish would have Liturgy every Sunday, while St. Theodore’s would have Liturgy only every other Sunday!We are aware of the fact that people lose track of which Sundays there will be service; therefore we have settled on one Sunday a month at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene. Ample notice will be given, i.e., it will be announced on 3 Sundays in the month as to which Sunday the Divine Liturgy will be served at St. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene. Everyone will also be contacted once a month by email.In July, Liturgy will be served at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene on Sunday, July 21., otherwise, all services as usual at St. Theodore’s.I hope everyone will concur that this is the best that we can do for both parishes.We are desperately short of True Orthodox priests in these End Times!Pray that Our Lord will give us the strength to continue to serve Him for as long as possible!Thank you for your understanding!Your unworthy priest,Fr. David+
- SCHEDULE CHANGE! Fr. David has been asked to serve at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene on Sundays June 16 and 23 while their priest Fr. Demetrios is in Greece. Please make a note of this change on your calendar. For those who do not know where the church is, directions to the church may be found hereIf you are unable to attend Liturgy at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene, and will attend St. Nectarios instead, please don’t forget that the contents of the offering box at St. Theodore’s keeps Fr. David, who does not receive a stipend, on the road for hospital, nursing home and other visits. The current price of gas and parking (hospitals no longer extend free parking to the clergy) is very challenging!We thank St. Nectarios our mother church for hospitality, all our supplies, etc. Fr. David is serving both St. Theodore’s and Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene and works almost full time in his “retirement” at age 82!Thank you!St. Theodore of Canterbury Orthodox Mission, Toronto
- Fr. David’s Patristic Bible Study will resume in September. Date to be announced.
- Note from Father David:
- Christ is Risen!
Dear Parishioners and Friends of St. Theodore’s!Fr. David has been asked to serve on Sunday, the 19th May and Sunday, June 2, 16 and 30, at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene while their priest, Fr. Demetrios is in Greece. Please make a note of this on these Sundays. We have maps for those who do not know where the church is; directions may also be found on our website: under “News”.If you are unable to attend Liturgy at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene, and will attend St. Nectarios instead, please don’t forget that the contents of the offering box at St. Theodore’s keeps Fr. David, who visits 3 or more hospitals/nursing homes a week on the road. The current price of gas and parking (no hospitals any longer offer free parking to the clergy) is very challenging!This announcement will be made at every service through June.Thank you!
St. Theodore Orthodox Mission, Toronto
- Christ is Risen!
- Holy Week photos added
- Directions to St Raphael Nicholas & Irene parish
- Service Schedule to June updated
- Paschal Message for 2019 The Holy Synod, Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece
- Nativity Encyclical 2018, from the Holy Synod
- The Nativity Service will be held at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene Orthodox Church, 230 Glebemount Ave. Matins for Nativity will start at 10:30 pm Sunday January 6, 2019, followed by the Liturgy at midnight.
- Fr. David Belden’s “Patristic Bible Study” will not meet on January 4 and 11. Classes resume on January 18 at 7pm