- Monday October 1/September 18 (O.S) – Holy Unction on the eve of the Feast of our patron St. Theodore of Canterbury. 7pm
- The 2018 Orthodox Family and Youth Conference will be held on October 12-14 at the Cathedral of St. Nektarios. The theme of the conference is: “An Orthodox Christian Worldview”. Details and registration information can be found here: https://www.goctoronto.org/2018conf/
- Photos from the “Patristic Bible Study” meetings on Friday evenings
- A Miraculous Happening, from the Desk of Fr. David.
- Fr. David Belden’s “Patristic Bible Study” meets on Friday evenings, St. Nektarios Church Hall, 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- In addition to the regular Sunday 10 am Liturgies at St. Theodore’s, Fr. David will occasionally serve Saturday and feastday Liturgies at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas, and Irene Orthodox Church, 230 Glebemount Avenue (Coxwell and Mortimer area) in Toronto. We will post details here. In September he will serve as follows (Divine Liturgy only):
- Saturday, September 8/August 26 (O.S.), 9 am
- Thursday September 13/August 31,The Deposition of the Precious Sash (Cincture) of Our Most Holy Lady Theotokos , 9 am
- Saturday September 15/2, 9 am
- Thursday September 27/14, The Universal Exaltation of the Precious and Life-giving Cross, 9 am
- Saturday September 29/16, 9am
- In addition to the regular Sunday Liturgies at St. Theodore’s, Fr. David will serve Matins and Liturgy at 8:30 a.m on Saturday, August 18/5. (Eve of Transfiguration) at Sts. Raphael, Nicholas, and Irene Orthodox Church, 230 Glebemount Avenue (Coxwell and Mortimer area), Toronto.
- Photos from Fr. David Belden’s pilgrimage to Mt. Athos can be found in the Photos section.
- Fr. David Belden’s Bible Study/Enquirer’s class will resume in September at a date and time to be announced.
- Paschal Encyclical 2018
- Fr. David Belden’s Bible Study/Enquirer’s class will resume a few weeks after Pascha at a date to be announced.
- Fr. David will be away on Thomas Sunday, April 15/2, as he will be serving St. John of Kronstadt, Bunnell, Florida. Liturgy at St. Nektarios.
- Fr. David will be away on April 29/16. Liturgy at St. Nektarios.
- Fr. David’s Bible Study/Enquirer’s Class meets each Thursday at 7:00 P.M. beginning on Thursday March 1 2018 in St. Nektarios Church hall.
- Liturgy on Sunday February 25 is cancelled due to illness.
- Nativity of our Lord, God and Saviour Jesus Christ – Saturday January 6/December 24 – Confessions, 9 pm.; Divine Liturgy, 11:30pm – 1am. No service later in the morning.
- Nativity Encyclical 2017 – Holy Synod of the GOC of Greece
- Fr. David will be serving at St. Joseph of Arimathea in Whitevale (Pickering) on
Sunday January 28. There will be no service at St. Theodore’s that day.
- Monday December 18/5 – Holy Unction, Eve of St. Nicholas 7pm
- Tuesday October 31/18 Compline and Canon 7pm
- Fr. David will be away Sunday, September 3 and September 10. There will be no Liturgy at St. Theodore’s on those Sundays.
- Friday August 18/5 – Holy Unction on the eve of the Feast of the Transfiguration 7pm
- Enquirer’s Group meets Thursday evening, May 18, 6 p.m. There will be no Enquirer’s Group on the following week, Ascension Thursday, May 25.
- Holy Unction, Wednesday, 24 May, 7 p.m.
- Christ is Risen!
- See the Schedule of Services for Holy Week and Pascha services
- Photos from Palm Sunday, 2017 on the Photos page.
- Fr. Savvas Anastasiou gave a lecture on Sunday April 2 on Saint Mark of Ephesus and the Confession of Faith.
Holy Unction Service on Wednesday, 15 March, 7 p.m.
On Thursday, March 9, 7 p.m.there will be a Panahida (memorial service) for Prince Dimitri Galitzin on the first anniversary of his repose. The usual Enquirer’s Class will be cancelled on that evening.
- We are collecting donations for new vestments in Dimitri’s memory. We have collected $175. so far, and need another $175. The vestments are being made in Russia, Prince Galitzin’s beloved homeland.
No Enquirer’s Class on Thursday, March 2 – Thursday of the first week of Lent. There will be Compline and Canon (at St. Nektarios) instead.
Father David Belden’s weekly Enquirers Group is now being held at the church, 1223 Dovercourt Rd. Classes are now on Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. First Thursday meeting is on February 9. All are invited, both catechumens and those who want to learn more about the Orthodox Faith. For more information, call Fr. David at (416) 767-3579.
- Fr. David will be serving at the parish of St. John of Kronstadt in Flagler Beach, Florida, and will be away Sunday, the 15th of January. There will be no Liturgy at St. Theodore’s on that day. As a result of Fr.David’s trip there will be no Enquirer’s Group on Monday the 9th or Monday the 16th of January.
- Midnight Liturgy for the Nativity, begins at 11:30 p.m., Friday December 24 (O.S.)/January 6 (N.S).
- Nativity Encyclical of the Church of the Holy Synod of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece (in English)
- Holy Unction service on the eve of the St. Spyridon of Trimythus and St. Herman of Alaska, Saturday December 11 (O.S.)/December 24 (N.S.) at 7 p.m.
- Fr. David’s Christmas Letter, 2017
- Holy Unction service on the eve of the Entrance of the Theotokos, Saturday November 20 (O.S.)/December 3 (N.S.) at 7 p.m.
- No Enquirers Class on Monday November 21 as it is the eve of St. Nektarios, Cathedral’s patronal feast.
- Father David Belden’s weekly Enquirers Class is now being held at the church, 1223 Dovercourt Rd. Classes are on Mondays at 7:30 p.m. All are invited, both catechumens and those who want to learn more about the Orthodox Faith. For more information, call Fr. David at (416) 767-3579.
- Father David Belden is hosting an Enquirers Class. Every Monday, 7:30 p.m., beginning on Monday, Oct. 17. All invited, both catechumens and those who want to learn more about the Orthodox Faith. For more information, call (416) 767-3579.
- Saturday, September 18 (O.S.)/October 1 (N.S.): Vespers with Lity and the Blessing of loaves, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 19 (O.S.)/October 2 (N.S.): Divine Liturgy, 10 a.m. for the Feast of St. Theodore, our Holy Patron, with Metropolitan Moses.
- The following obituary was written concerning the godfather of St. Theodore member, Mark Grushenko:
- Daily Telegraph, London, England, March 12, 2016
Prince Dmitri Galitzine, 88, died in Greece on March 9, 2016.He was of imperial Russian nobility, and could trace his ancestry to the founders of Kievan ‘Rus as well as King Harold of England.Having survived the difficult early years in the Soviet Union, at the age of five he moved with his parents and two siblings to England. King George the Fifth gave the family permission to emigrate to England after the threat of extermination in which his maternal grandfather had been murdered by the Bolsheviks. They arrived in London in November, 1932. Galitzine joined the diplomatic service retiring in 1994.Dmitri and his family were dedicated members of the Russian Church Abroad, and in 1977, he was ordained Reader and later, a Subdeacon, by Archbishop Paul of Stuttgart.Over the years, he worked tirelessly on church councils and fund raising committees, and played a leading role in the building of the Russian Orthodox cathedral in London. When the cathedral, despite his opposition, was handed over to the Moscow Patriarchate, he became a member of the Greek Old Calendar Church under Archbishop Kallinikos of Athens.He attended the Greek Orthodox monastery Church at Brookwood, until his death.He is survived by his daughter Marina, and his close friend of many years, Susan Hunt.
- Daily Telegraph, London, England, March 12, 2016
- There will be no Holy Unction service on August 18/August 5, as Fr David will be away on a pastoral visit to the prison in Comstock, N.Y. (Albany) and visiting St. John of San Francisco Monastery in Cobleskill, N.Y.
- On August 13/July 31 Fr. David concelebrated with Metropolitan Moses of Toronto, Fr. Sergius Pellegrini, Hieromonk Savvas and Dcn. George Kouros on the feastday of St. Joseph of Arimathea Orthodox Church in Whitevale, Pickering.
- Holy Unction service on the eve of Sts. Peter and Paul, Monday, 11 July, 7 p.m.
- Lecture on Sunday June 26, 2016 (ns) at 2:00 pm. Fr. Savvas Anastasiou will give a lecture in English on “St. Chrysostomos the New Confessor” at the Cathedral of St. Nektarios 1223 Dovercourt Road Toronto, ON, M6H 2Y1. Parents with children, please do not be discouraged to bring your children along. Older children will be present to assist and watch other children during the lecture. Before the talk a small BBQ will be offered. Souvlaki plate ($7.00/each) and hot dogs ($2.00/each). All funds raised will go to the Metropolis of Toronto. All are welcome to come together as a family and community.
- Thanks to all who so generously donated toward our new floor! We thank Athanasios Koti for his generous offer to lay the floor and and thanks to all who have generously contributed to this project. We will make an announcement before the work begins.
May 2016 – Christ is Risen!
- St. Theodore’s is starting monthly Unction services. The first one will be on Ascension Eve, Wednesday, June 8.
- Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece: Pascha Encyclical
- Fr. David served Holy Week and Pascha Services at St. Matthew the Evangelist Orthodox Church in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
- On Sunday, April 10, 4th Sunday of Lent (St John Climacus) Fr. David served at St. John of Kronstadt, Bunnell, Florida.After a grueling drive to (and from) Florida; we were able to have a Baptism, Vespers, Sunday Liturgy and Compline and Canon with the Life of St. Mary of Egypt, as well as several Confessions